Reardon Scanlon Vodola Barnes’s attorneys have represented insurers in a variety of ERISA litigation, including claim benefit litigation involving health, life and disability policies, claimant disputes, beneficiary disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, third party administrator disputes, and waiver of premium issues.
In ERISA matters, RSVB attorneys have recently handled the following matters:
- Successfully defended group benefit plan insurers in disputes involving denial of long-term disability benefits.
- Defended insurer in 401(k) revenue sharing dispute.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of an annuity issuer of retirement plan in dispute involving spousal waiver issues under ERISA.
- Successfully defended annuity issuers in equitable subrogation matters under ERISA.
- Successfully defended insurance administrator for self-funded health plan where employer went out of business before payment of medical claim.
- Obtained dismissal for life insurance company in beneficiary dispute.
- Successfully defended insurer under accidental death and dismemberment policy where death was not “accidental”.
For more information, please contact: