James J. Reardon | Partner
Jim Reardon has brought his unflappable demeanor and strategic thinking into high profile litigation, intensive and document-heavy lawsuits, and a range of other matters. His work has been featured on 60 Minutes, and involves a worldwide scope.
In his twenty years in private practice, Jim has been frequently called upon to address shareholder disputes, business divorce, employee raids, breach of non-compete and theft of trade secrets cases.
Jim has worked on a number of complex litigation matters for American, European, and Middle Eastern clients. He has handled a broad array of matters including breach of contract, business torts, securities fraud, environmental cost recovery, product liability, and insurance coverage, in court as well as in arbitration and mediation.
Jim’s work has taken him to destinations across the United States, as well as to locales abroad. Jim tried a construction matter in a bench trial in Connecticut State Court obtaining judgment for the plaintiff, helped obtain a jury verdict before a West Virginia state court jury, and he has advised clients on matter in numerous other states. In one complex matter, he took dozens of depositions in Israel over the course of a lengthy lawsuit.
After starting his practice at a Connecticut-based firm, Jim joined LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, working out of its Hartford office from 1997 to 2007. From 2007 to 2012, Jim practiced in the New York office of Dewey & LeBoeuf, where he was a member of the firm’s Litigation Department and its International Practice Group.
Jim’s clients have included:
- Adelphia Communications
- Eastern Capital Development
- Federal Kemper Life
- Gateway Computers
- Irby Construction
- Lincoln National Insurance
- Terra SA
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the 1st, 3rd and 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- US. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Massachusetts, B.A. 1990
- Boston College Law School, J.D. 1993